Indiana Bowling Association Hall of Fame information.
The Indiana Bowling Association Hall of Fame was chartered March 5th, 1976, at Fort Wayne, Indiana.
The purpose is to honor and perpetuate the names of those who have displayed outstanding ability in the game of American Tenpins and/or who have contributed, through meritorious service, to the general welfare and progress of the game in Indiana.
Hall of Fame Nominations
- Nominations to the Hall of Fame may be made by any member of the Indiana State USBC BA by submitting a nomination form to the Association Manager (AM) of the Indiana State USBC BA.
- All nominations must be postmarked no later than September 1st to qualify for selection for that election year.
- Nominations received by the Association Manager should be dated or stamped with the postmarked date upon receipt. Those postmarked after September 1st will be held over until the following year.
- Copies of the nomination forms will be submitted by the Association Manager to the HOF Committee chairperson by October 1st.
Hall of Fame Nomination Categories
There shall be three major categories for consideration for the Indiana State USBC BA Hall of Fame. They are Performance, Service and Special Recognition.
To be considered for the Performance Category, the bowler must satisfy at least one of the following criteria.
- – One (1) State Title in the IS USBC BA Championship Tournament and 10 years of Indiana Championship participation
- – One (1) National ABC/USBC title and 10 years of Indiana Championship Tournament participation
- – Team USA member with Indiana ties
To be considered for the Service Category, the bowler must satisfy at least one of the following criteria.
- – Past Secretary/Executive Director/Association Manager, having served a minimum of 7 years
- – IS USBC BA Tournament Managers, having served a minimum of 7 years
- – Former IBA/USBC BA Board Member, having served a minimum of 7 years with significant service credentials
- – Annual Meeting delegate or IS USBC BA committee member, having served a minimum of 7 years, with significant service credentials
- Special Recognition
To be considered for the Special Recognition Category, the bowler must satisfy at least one of the following criteria.
- – Proprietors and/or managers of bowling centers with service to the IS USBC BA
- – IS USBC BA Tournament Squad Organizers, organizing at least 4 teams per year, for 10 years minimum
- – Sportswriters with a bowling background or column serving for 10 years minimum
- – PBA professionals with Indiana ties
When submitting the resume, keep in mind that you are submitting for inclusion to the State Hall of Fame. Although, an individual may have been a catalyst in your local association, but never having accomplished anything further in the area, they may not be qualified. The emphasis of submission should be on district/state-wide recognition and involvement.
All resumes must be submitted to:
3520 Wynfield Drive
Richmond, IN 47374
This Form (pdf) must be used for submission.
INFORMATION – There have been questions as to why resumes of the HOF members are not included with the pictures. As most of the HOF members came from the old manual yearbook, where that would have been excessive information, it would not be equitable to the HOF members unless all had resumes included. Many have been lost over the years and most of the information has not been kept current. Unfortunately, most is not available.